Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: New VHSL reallignment in 07

  1. #41
    Inactive Member imported_hhstigerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    Yeah, but you have to think, would you rather be going down I-81 to most of your district games with your farthest district oppenent being only a little over an hour away, or have a district opponent about 2 hours away by bus and another an hour and a half away. The Hogo teams are also VHS and Battle's natural rivals since they are all in the Holston Valley, except for GW and RR who is in the New River area, and Lebanon in the Clinch Valley, but are non-the-less still pretty close compared to some of the LPD schools.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    No dought going on I-81 is the way to go but with the Split LPD Clintwood is the only School off the 4 lane and no worse than trips to Carrol County and Grundy (Which is what VaHigh faces if they stay AA ) Adding Battle sofens the blow for them quite a bit. Lebanon from what I am hearing is preatty happey with the new setup no clue on how Battle feels about it

  3. #43
    Inactive Member imported_hhstigerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    VHS, Battle, Lebanon, and JJ Kelly would make a for a dang tough district in baseball! I hope everyone wants to go for this new realignment. I really like it, its been a long time coming for the districts/regions to be realigned a little.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    I agree The Coalfield had an artical on the situation.(Sorry but the story is not On-Line at this time)

    But It sounds like the VaHight Princapal is OK with it there was not word from Battle or Lebanon however the sorces i have over there seem to like the Idea. I have no clue where Battle is on any of this. Looks like it has a shot at passing I say we will know for sure come the end of the school year


  5. #45
    Inactive Member lpd05's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    I believe that this proposal has a good shot at passing (though I thought the same thing about the 4A model). The northern schools get what they want by seeing Region D have 4 districts, and some of the problems the local 2A schools have would be solved. The only problem I see is the enrollment gap (ex. Virginia High 730, Pound 268), but that would all change come playoff time.

    Since the 4A idea seems doomed, I think this is the next best plan.
    Clintwood Greenwave
    Back-to-Back Region D Champions
    2008 LPD Champions

    "State in '08"


  6. #46
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    Well the Gap would not be a huge deal for football that is split into two Divisions but it is a big deal for all other sports however no amout of re-dictricing will fix that issue that would take going to a 4 OR 5A system and that is something the VHSL does not want to allow

  7. #47
    Inactive Member imported_hhstigerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    think this alignment for Region C and D would be better, the districts have slightly more balance enrollment wise:

    Honaker
    Lebanon
    VHS
    Battle
    Holston
    Patrick Henry
    Gate City

    Haysi
    Council
    Twin Valley
    Hurley
    Ervinton
    Clintwood

    Coeburn
    Pound
    JJ Kelly
    JI Burton
    Appalachia
    Powell Valley

    Thomas Walker
    Castlewood
    Twin Springs
    Rye Cove
    St Paul


    Chilhowie
    Northwood
    Rural Retreat
    George Wythe
    Grayson County
    Mount Rogers

    Fort Chiswell
    Giles
    Floyd
    Glenvar
    Radford

    James River
    Craig County
    Highland County
    Parry McCluer
    Bath County
    Covington

    Auburn
    Eastern Montgomery
    Narrows
    Pocahontas
    Bland County

  8. #48
    Inactive Member greenwavefan92's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2004
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    heard today from a pretty reliable source that Graham n Grundy are goin to be single a schools now

  9. #49
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    Working in Grundy I had not heard that as a fact (But it had been rummered for several years) I assume that Grundy would Join the BDD but I think Grahm would be reagion C if they go anywhere

  10. #50
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New VHSL reallignment in 07

    I would like to have Grundy, Graham and Tazewell all come to the BDD.

    Can anyone answer though why the most logical choices: 4A or 5A system always get brushed under the rug?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •